Monday, September 26, 2005

SAHM

Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on something else. Is this what I'm really supposed to be doing? Being home all day and night homeschooling, cleaning, cooking, disciplining, teaching, refereeing, cleaning, cooking, helping with homework, washing hands and faces, explaining why the sun doesn't fall into the earth, cleaning, making beds, vacumming, feeding cats, scooping litter boxes, cooking, playing outside, relearning formulas so I can help with 7th grade math, rewinding Barney or Dora for the 10th time................
Sometimes by the end of the day I drag myself into the bathtub and ask God, "Is this it? Am I doing what I'm supposed to be doing?" For a while I was questioning what I could be doing for God. How can I spread the message of Jesus? How can I be a witness to the world? How can I make a difference? Suddenly, a couple of weeks ago while laying in the bathtub God told me that I am doing just that......... being a witness to my children. I can show them God's love and grace in my daily activities. I can let God's love work through me. I can be a witness to my family through loving and enjoying my role as thier mother........ as a woman.

I know God must have had you in mind,

When He threw stars across the sky;

For I can see them twinkling there,

When I look into your eyes.

I know He had to be thinking of you,

When He made the moon and the sun;

For He knew that they would shine on you,

As if you were the only one.

I know when He made the mountains,

Formed flowers and morning dew;

When He looked at the splendor of all He'd done,

I know He was thinking of you.

When He created humanity,

You were there on His mind;

Looking 'cross generations,

That you would be one of a kind.

I know when the very first laughter,

Spilled forth from that wondrous place;

God knew one day He would hear you laugh too,

And a smile spread across His face.

I know for a fact you were on His mind,

When He gave His only Son;

For He knew that He would die for you,

As if you were the only one.

I know God must have had you in mind,

Looking down from Heaven above;

For He knew someday I would need someone,

And He sent you for me to love.

By:Allison Coxkey
c1996

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home