Friday, September 16, 2005

Homeschooling

Casie and I are focusing on proper writing formats..... biographies, autobiographies, fiction stories, book reports etc... This week we have gone over proper letter format and how to address an envelope. Today I surprised her with a new penpal! I'm a member of an online forum where homeschool moms swap ideas and advice. Well, we started a penpal swap and so Casie now has a penpal! So, we will get plenty of practice this year on letter writing and envelope addressing. (She's also MUCH more concerned with spelling, handwriting and neatness now knowing that another child will read her letter.)
Casie's reading is getting better now that we are finding books that she enjoys. Here she is reading"JudyMoody Saves The World".

D'arrica is still working on recognizing letters and their sounds. We have mastered A,B,C,D,E,F,O,Z (We skipped to O and Z because she just pulled the flash cards out one day and said "Oh, this is an O." and "This is a Z.") I'm guessing she learned those on Sesame Street. :) LOL

The girls and I watched Survivor last night. What's up with the men on the Nakum tribe? I realize women have more stamina than men but I was really surprised by how down and out the guys were. But hey, who am I to criticize....... I nearly stroke after a half mile stroll down the street. I would just think that these guys would've conditioned their bodies for the game. I think Stephenie will be a huge help to her tribe and was thrilled to see her show up for the game last night. Bobby, on the other hand, is just cracking me up with his dehydration and body cramps. LOL So much for the hardest worker ever to play on Survivor. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home