Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ending Your War with Yourself

For my daily devotionals with God I'm reading a devotional book right now that was passed down to me from my mom. It's titled "His Thoughts toward Me." Author is Marie Chapain. I love it so much because it's verses of the Bible actually made into short letters from God. Today's reading really touched me and I wanted to share it.

Ending Your War with Yourself

How often I've called you in and love and and in tenderness. How often I've sung over you in the night and rejoiced over you in the day. And yet, how often I've heard you curse yourself. How often I've heard your private battle cry against yourself!

Why? Have I waged war against My beloved? Have I instructed you to hurl rebukes and angry insults at My chosen? Am I to wear the uniform of the enemy and take sides against My own? Never! I am He who calls you to the glorious kingdom of peace and righteousness. I am the One who gives you new life, who yanks sin and hatred from you. Would you acuse Me of sending you that which I have freed you from?

When you came, holding your heart out to Me, I lifted you up into My own heart.

I see you as a rare and precious gem fitting perfectly in the Father's resplendent heavenly crown. I am making a gem out of you. I am creating a new heart in you. And now you war against that very heart. you devalue the jewel of God.

Peace I give you my dear one. Peace to be yourself, and to enjoy being yourself. To speak kindly to yourself is to humble yourself. To hold yourself in esteem is to humble yourself. To be gentle with yourself is to hold Me in esteem. Because you love Me, end the war with yourself.

--------------------------------------------

This really made me realize how terrible it must make God feel when I put myself down and curse myself. How disappointed he must be when, at times, I let my self esteem sink. I really tried to take this passage in and understand how it must affect him. I can relate to it in that I know how I feel when one of my girls is upset with herself or complains about how she looks. It's very frustrating to know how beautiful, intelligent and special your child is and yet to hear them say something negative about themselves. I want nothing more than for my children to have high self esteem, and postitive and loving thoughts about herself. I want her to be herself and be happy with being who she is. I want this more than anything else for them. God feels the same away about all of his children....... about me! I definately have a new outlook on how I relate to myself now and want to please God with my high esteem. : )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my daughter, I am glad you are reading that book, I have more on the way to you, I have a tub full of things that I know you and the girls are going to enjoy, and I believe Derrick will too. Love yas, Mom

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home