Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It's a new year and already I'm tired!

This Christmas vacation really screwed me up. I am ALWAYS up at 6AM getting Shelby up and ready for school and then I wake up Casie and start homeschooling. Well......... since Shelby took Christmas vacation, Homeschool took Christmas vacation as well. Only fair, right? Well, the girls and I lost our minds for nearly 2 weeks staying up late, playing games and watching movies until wee hours of the morning (seriously... 1, 2, and even 3am) and then slept in all morning until Noon. Even D'arrica was hanging with us and sleeping later than me! Darrick had a few days off and slept in too. It was really nice! And who knew that when a family can totally relax, hang out and sleep till noon they get along sooooooooo well!! Now I see why some families take so many vacations. It was really really nice.

Anyway, it was time to get back on track and the girls were sent to bed at thier usual bedtime last night - 9:30 and, of course, none of them could sleep. I heard Casie up using the bathroom for the 5th time at around 2am and although I tried to make myself go to bed at 11:00, I flopped around until at least 3:30am begging for sleep. The alarm went off at 6am this morning and I thought I was going to cry. Darrick was literally pushing me out of the bed, "You gettin' up, babe? Please don't hit snooze all morning." Argh!

I swear, I downed a pot of coffee in about 25 minutes. If I'd had an IV I would've inserted it. LOL And still, I was a crabby teacher this morning. And Casie was a crabby student. D'arrica swears she forgot everything I've taught her and went back to bed. Sigh. We'll get back into the swing of things this week but this morning really sucked. I want another vacation. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home