Monday, October 02, 2006

7 months later and I am back!!

Myspace reigned as my "blog spot of choice" for the past 7 months but I've decided to come back here because myspace scares me. And well......... I liked it here and have missed it.

I'm hoping to take the time everyday to come here and share my photos, my videos, my thoughts, my vents and well...... my life. However, I'm not the most consistant person in the world, so there's a great possibility that I will miss days here and there so bear with me.

Casie, D'arrica and I have just finished up our homeschooling for the day. So far this year I am satisfied with what we've already achieved. I'm not letting things stress me out this year and that seems to be working out for us. D'arrica has taken on more this year and seems to have little melt downs occassionally but all in all she's advancing fine. She's now reading simple words like cat, hat, dog, the, a, I, am, has etc............ We're quite proud of her as you can imagine. Casie seems to have reverted slightly in math over the summer so we've been drilling multiplication again since that's greatly needed for the division problems we're now working on. Her reading, however, is improving in leaps and bounds! She shocks me lately with how well she's doing.

Shelby brought home all A's and B's on her midterms so no worries there either.

The weather was turning fall like here for a week or so and we're now back to mid 90's. Sigh. I love fall so it was a teaser for me.

I had a Kids Safety Kit done this weekend for D'arrica. It felt wierd to "prepare" in case she goes missing. I almost didn't do it because it just felt like I would cause it to happen, ya know? Anyway, I got over the fear and decided to do it for her safety and our piece of mind. She had fingerprints done and then filled in all of her info, attached a recent picture and put a few strands of her hair in the "dna" envelope. God willing, we will never need it. Here's my photo for the day. D'arrica getting her prints done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home